From CAC Wiki
Revision as of 14:53, 3 June 2016 by Hasch (Talk | contribs) (Created page with "==Information for Participants== * '''Labs''': ** The Summer School will be conducted in Computer Labs that have terminals installed. Nevertheless, we strongly suggest that...")
Information for Participants
- The Summer School will be conducted in Computer Labs that have terminals installed. Nevertheless, we strongly suggest that Participants are bring their laptops to participate in the hands-on sessions. They will be connecting to remote systems through wireless.
- We recommend to install an ssh client on your laptop. For Linux and Mac systems, such a client is part of the OS. For Windows, a free client can be obtained from the MobaXterm web site.
- You will also need the capability to display X11 output. For Linux systems, this works automatically. For Mac systems with a newer OS you will need to install the free XQuartz app from http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/. For Windows, the MobaXterm ssh client includes this feature.
- The best way to access wireless is Eduroam. If you have credentials from a Canadian University, access is simple. If you are participating but do not have University credentials, we can supply you with guest access. Ask us about it when you're there.
- Location Details:
- The Summer School takes place in Rooms 141 and 142 in Montpetit Hall at the University of Ottawa.