Note: Starting April 1, 2019, CAC will become a cost recovery site. Compute Canada accounts will no longer have access to CAC resources without prior agreement with CAC.
Please complete all steps 1 through 5 below.
- Read the Usage Policy and the Terms of Service documents.
- Register with Compute Canada (CC). If you are creating a new Research Group, please choose Faculty as your position. If you are a member of an existing Research Group, you will need your Principal Investigator’s Compute Canada Role Identifier (CCRI).
- Once Registered and Logged into the Compute Canada site, you may proceed with creating your CAC Account by clicking on the Apply for Consortium Account under My Account then click on Apply next to CAC.
- The CAC Account form should be pre-loaded with your information. Please fill in any missing fields. Agree to abide by the Acceptable Usage Policy and hit the Submit button.
- If applicable, print and complete any Licensing Statements for software packages that you will be using. Check the software FAQs for further information
Please contact us at email@example.com as this is handled on a case-by-case basis.
Existing CAC Accounts:
All existing and new CAC users must obtain a Compute Canada Identifier (CCI). This CCI must then be linked to their CAC account. Once you receive a CCI, please contact us at CAC in order to link your existing CAC account with this CCI.