Please complete all steps 1 through 5 below.
- Read the Usage Policy and the Terms of Service documents.
- Register with Compute Canada (CC). If you are creating a new Research Group, please choose Faculty as your position. If you are a member of an existing Research Group, you will need your Principal Investigator’s Compute Canada Role Identifier (CCRI).
- Once Registered and Logged into the Compute Canada site, you may proceed with creating your CAC Account by clicking on the Apply for Consortium Account under My Account then click on Apply next to CAC.
- The CAC Account form should be pre-loaded with your information. Please fill in any missing fields. Agree to abide by the Acceptable Usage Policy and hit the Submit button.
- If applicable, print and complete any Licensing Statements for software packages that you will be using. Check the software FAQs for further information
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as this is handled on a case-by-case basis.
Existing CAC Accounts:
All existing and new CAC users must obtain a Compute Canada Identifier (CCI). This CCI must then be linked to their CAC account. Once you receive a CCI, please contact us at CAC in order to link your existing CAC account with this CCI.
Account Deactivation Process:
To close a CAC account, please complete these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com to request the account deactivation.
- Contact your Principal Investigator to inform him/her about the deactivation. If you are the Principal Investigator, please request this directly. We will verify the deactivation to make sure that no data of research interest are lost.
- At this point, a one-week period for data retrieval begins. Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that you can be contacted by e-mail. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an extension.
- At the end of the data retrieval period, we will close the account by altering the password. At this point, a one-month grace period starts, during which user data are kept on disk. User and PI will receive a final notice by email.
Note that we cannot guarantee retention of the data beyond the grace period. It is strongly recommended to retrieve data within the initial one-week period or even before the account deactivation was requested.